The Academy Member Mihhail Bronštein Awards in Economics have been initiated to recognize theoretical developments and their successful applications by Estonian economists.
In 2024 two awards will be presented:
- award of up to 10 000 (ten thousand) euros will be presented for significant and, as a rule, already applied achievements in economics.
- award of up to 5000 (five thousand) euros will be presented for outstanding innovative applications in economics to an applicant who has not yet reached to PhD or the defending of the doctoral thesis has been no more than 5 years ago.
Nomination for the awards is open to all researchers and experts working in Estonian research institutions, as well as to researchers and experts who hold Estonian citizenship, an Estonian long-term residence permit or a right of permanent residence but are working outside Estonia.
Research or research cycles submitted for the awards must have been published in international peer-reviewed journals or published by recognized scientific publishers or by Estonian universities and research and development institutions as a monography or as a chapter in a collection in 2021–2023.
The statute of the Academician Mihhail Bronštein Awards in Economics is available here (in Estonian only). The initiator and the funder of the award is the family of Academy Member Mihhail Bronštein.
To nominate a candidate or candidates for the award, the following information must be submitted electronically at https://ta-konkursid.ee at the latest by 18 December 2023:
- application (up to 3 pages) with the explanation why the achievements of the candidate(s) are significant from the perspectives of Estonia and the whole world, and for which award the candidate or candidates are nominated;
- the research or the research cycle submitted for the award;
- curriculum vitae of the candidate(s) (up to 3 pages);
- contact details of the submitter of the application;
- if needed, any other documents or materials considered relevant to support the application.
The awards will be handed over at a gala on Academician Mihhail Bronštein’s birthday 23rd of January 2024.
Additional information: Ülle Sirk, email@example.com