The Academician Mihhail Bronštein Awards in Economics have been initiated to recognize theoretical developments and their successful applications by Estonian economists.
In 2023, up to two awards will be presented. One award of up to 10 000 (ten thousand) euros will be presented for significant and, as a rule, already applied achievements in economics. One award of up to 5000 (five thousand) euros will be presented for outstanding innovative developments in economics.
Nomination for the awards is open to all researchers and experts working in Estonian research institutions, as well as to researchers and experts who hold Estonian citizenship, an Estonian long-term residence permit or a right of permanent residence but are working outside Estonia.
Research or research cycles submitted for the award must have been published in international peer-reviewed journals or published by recognized scientific publishers or by Estonian universities and research and development institutions as a monograph or as a chapter in a collection in 2020–2022.
The statute of the Academician Mihhail Bronštein Awards in Economics is available here (in Estonian only). The awards have been initiated and are financed by the family of Academician Mihhail Bronštein.
To nominate a candidate or candidates for the award, the following information must be submitted electronically at https://ta-konkursid.ee at the latest by 15 December 2022:
- motivated submission (up to 3 pages) with the explanation why the achievements of the candidate(s) are significant from the perspectives of Estonia and the whole world, and for which award the candidate or candidates are nominated;
- the research or the research cycle submitted for the award;
- curriculum vitae of the candidate(s) (up to 3 pages);
- contact details of the submitter and the submitter’s representative; if the submitter is a private person;
- if wished, any other documents or materials considered relevant for the award.
The awards are presented in commemoration of Academician Mihhail Bronštein’s birthday in the second half of January 2023.
Additional information: Siiri Jakobson, firstname.lastname@example.org