Estonian Academy of Sciences represents Estonia in the following scientific organisations that join Academies in Europe or across the world:
• International Council for Science
(ICSU). EAS resumed Estonian membership in 1992. Academy also participates in the activities of the Group of the European members of ICSU
• IAP : the global network of science academies.
• European Federation of National Academies of Sciences and Humanities - All European Academies
(ALLEA). EAS is an active member since the ALLEA was founded in 1994. The Vice President of EAS Jüri Engelbrecht served as the President of the ALLEA in 2006-2011.
• Union Académique International
(UAI). EAS is a member since 1998. Estonian delegate is Jaan Undusk, Board Member of EAS.
• European Science Foundation
(ESF). EAS and the other Estonian member organisation, Estonian Science Foundation (EstSF) joined ESF in 2000. EAS withdrew from the ESF as of 31.12.2011. Academy continues as a member of the European Marine Board
and European Polar Board.
• European Academies’ Science Advisory Council
(EASAC). EAS became eligible for membership in 2004 at the accession of Estonia to the EU. Estonian member of EASAC is Margus Lopp, Secretary General of EAS. Professor Tarmo Soomere, EAS Board Member, represents EAS on the EASAC Environment Steering Panel, Professor Enn Lust on the EASAC Energy Panel.