Funding of researchers’ mobility
Researchers looking for funding to visit Estonian co-operation partner(s) are advised to check the list of our contacts with partner institutions
. Our contacts advise the inquirers about the eligibility, requirements (incl. application forms) and deadlines for submitting an application for an exchange visit to Estonia. In most cases, an invitation letter issued by the Estonian collaboration partner (host researcher) is required. The Estonian host researcher is expected to be in charge of the scientific programme of the visit.
If a researcher is nominated by our partner institution for a study or conference visit to Estonia, the Estonian Academy of Sciences will:
The EAS does not cover:
- if applicable, issue a visa invitation and advise the nominee about the visa formalities and requirements;
- book and pay for the accommodation;
- pay a daily allowance (currently, 20 EUR per day for visits up to 14 days).
- visa fees;
- conference fees;
- living expenses of accompanying family members;
- medical insurance.
Visitors from the EU countries are expected to have their European Health Insurance Card (see more: https://visaguide.world/europe/health-card/
The staff of the Foreign Relations Unit of the EAS advises the visitors in all matters related to their stay in Estonia. Inquiries are welcome at:
- tel: +372 645 1925, +372 504 2659, firstname.lastname@example.org (Ms. Ülle Raud; languages: English, Finnish, Italian, Russian, Swedish).
Programme of the academic studies of Estonian language and culture abroad: Estophilus Scholarship